Extensis Portfolio Software
Brandon Services Recommends Extensis Portfolio
For users new to Image Management, Brandon Services recommends the Extensis Portfolio Digital Image Management application. This off-the-shelf product provides a robust feature set with an economical buy-in. Its scaleable, so it provides room to grow so its easy to start small and grow your system. A client starts around $200, but it also can be scaled up to service several hundred users. The system is cross platform, so it can work well in a Mac production environment or a corporate PC system or both! As the system gets larger, it can use any of the standard database engines, such as SQL, Oracle or MySQL to insure database integrity. And finally its capacity is large enough to support most corporate or campus image collections.
Portfolio Client - Single & Multiple User
The Portfolio client and single-user application includes new features as well as updated operating system compatibility.
- Catalog types: When creating a new catalog, Portfolio allows you to configure a catalog from a number of preconfigured settings.
- Default field values: When adding new items to a catalog, you can now determine that if no other value is chosen or extracted, specific fields will always start with a default setting.
- Presets Palette: This palette allows you to assign a number of properties simply by clicking assign or dragging a preset onto the item. This includes mass updating keywords, description and custom field values.
Portfolio is also compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista. Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign. Portfolio supports the new digital camera Raw image formats, and EPS and PDF file-format support have also been improved.
Download the Portfolio Data Sheet
Portfolio Server - Mac/PC
Portfolio Server offers ease of integration, automated workflow tools, and advanced publishing capabilities, and all at a fraction of the cost of expensive, enterprise digital asset management solutions.
Portfolio NetPublish Server - Mac/PC
Portfolio SQL connect for SQL, MySQL and Oracle - Mac/PC
Portfolio SQL Connect modules allow Portfolio Server to connect to and act as a front end to larger SQL databases, opening the door to numerous expansion and customization options.
Portfolio Server Solutions - Mac/PC
Download the Portfolio Server Data Sheet
Portfolio Server & SQL Connect
Portfolio Server has been updated for performance and improved SQL database support.
• AutoSync has been improved so that folders synchronize more quickly and reliably.
• Portfolio SQL Connect support is expanded to include Microsoft SQL Server 2000 & 2005, MySQL 4 & 5 and Oracle 10g R2Portfolio
Download the Portfolio Server SQL Connect Data Sheet
NetPublish 8.5 includes an image watermarking feature and download log. Image watermarking allows you to protect your images (JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP) from unauthorized use by placing a watermark on the file. The enhanced assets log allows you to know which of your cataloged items are being
accessed and downloaded from your NetPublish site.
Portfolio Project Sync
Portfolio Project Sync directly connects an AutoSync folder in a served catalog to Adobe Version Cue CS3 Clients, that are built into applications like Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Bridge. This allows you to access your Portfolio assets directly from most Adobe CS3 applications without ever opening the Portfolio client. See the Portfolio Project Sync User Guide for complete installation, configuration and usage information.
Extensis Portfolio Pricing
Brandon Services offers the Extensis software collection at a 10% discount off retail.
Download the Portfolio Suite Price Sheet 4/1/09